The World Wide Seismological Network managed by gempa is a permanent, digital, state-of-the-art network. This network is comprised of seismological and geophysical sensors connected by a telecommunications system. It serves as a multi-use scientific and non-scientific tool for monitoring, research, and educational purposes.
This network provides near-real time & worldwide monitoring of the Earth, with +500 third and fourth generation seismic stations distributed globally with presence over 50 countries world widely.
The main foundation of this system is a powerful software platform, SeisComP3, and its integrated modules are made even more robust and functional under the extensive web applications of the SeisComPro package.
SeisComPro is gempa’s extension to SeisComP3. It fulfills the requirements for enhanced multi-sensor data acquisition and earthquake analysis as well as industrial monitoring of micro-seismicity.
The SeisComPro utilities are especially designed and suited for monitoring of high-rate seismicity at a wide range of magnitudes during earthquake swarms, volcano activity, geothermal energy production or extraction of crude oil or natural gas.
It comes with the Common Acquisition Protocol Server (CAPS), a new acquisition server, which is optimized for redundant multi-sensor data acquisition. Furthermore, it can be used as a replacement for SeedLink/ArcLink providing full compatibility to SeisComP3.
The gempa Application Server (GAPS) is gempa’s interactive Web module. Perfectly complementing a locally installed SeisComP3, GAPS provides remote access to earthquake and sensor information and interactive processing from anywhere via a web browser. GAPS simplifies the fast supply of information to stakeholders and to the public.
GAPS web applications provide access to:
- Earthquake activity in customized source regions and magnitudes (EQView)
- Network state and activity (StationView)
- Real-time seismogram plots (TraceView)
- Interactive seismic analysis (LocatorView)
Try the demo version >
Additionally, new advanced features and 4th generation state-of-the-art instruments are getting developed more oriented to Seismic Densification Applications. This is in order to improve the main variables of seismic network operations such as: accuracy, time response, network control, latency, data integrity, availability, etc.
gempa Geoservices S.A. works directly with our partners at Raspberry Shake S.A. integrating, as an example, a high resolution seismograph and accelerograph stations into our portfolio – the Raspberry Shake 4D.
We can also integrate these applications with the Raspberry Shake 4D. This is an IoT plug-and-play solution, which like the name suggests, FOUR sensors. Combined with the geophone from the original Raspberry Shake, we have added 3 strong motion MEMs accelerometers to give the device a total of four recording channels.
The circuit board of the Raspberry Shake 4D incorporates four 24 bit digitizers, each sampling the Earth’s motion at 100 samples per second (double its predecessor). We have also been able to boost the data transmission rate from one packet per second to four, which makes our latest version of the Raspberry Shake Earthquake Early Warning compatible.
The main features of this technology are as follow:
- Plug-and-play affordable home Earth monitoring solution
- Detect & measure earthquakes & seismic activities like structural motion, fracking, explosions, eruptions, avalanches, landslides, etc.
- Includes the Raspberry Pi board and all components
- Comes pre-built with everything you need to have your Raspberry Shake 4D working right out of the box
- Measure and record the Earth’s motion in all directions
- 100 samples per second sample rate (the original Raspberry Shake works at 50 sps)
- Includes a custom built rain proof, dust proof, bug proof, all weather enclosure
- 3 x orthogonally orientated MEMs acceleration sensors
For more information, read the technical specifications.